Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crazy Marinaded Chicken

With the snow now packed on the once brown ground I felt like it was time to post this freezer meal.  This marinade is perfect if you are looking to bring in flavors of summer in the dead of winter.  The lime juice base makes me wish it was a hot summer day and I was holding a beer in my hand versus taking the mittens out of my coat pocket.  

Taste: I loved the chicken itself but the meal left something to be desired.  Next time I won't be serving it with carrots and cauliflower mashed "potatoes".  This chicken just screams fajitas, quesadillas, chicken tacos/taco salads, or straight up with a serving of spanish rice and mexican corn.  One thought on the top of my list would be to slow cook this chicken in the marinade so then you could shred the chicken and serve it up with cilantro-lime rice and fixings like a Chipotle burrito.  Yum Yum!!



Crazy Marinaded Chicken

Ingredients:
4 limes, juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
6 chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)

Assembly:
1. Whisk together all ingredients and pour over chicken.

Serving day:
1. Thaw completely and grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment