What are friends, family, and co-workers good for if they don't share their wealth of knowledge??? I don't know if I could have someone be a staple in my life if I wasn't able to grow from them in some way. Well I'm happy to say that not only has my boss been able to help me learn tons of great things in my new job but she might accomplish growing my waistline as well. Working really closely with two women who are also good cooks leaves me with a great deal of food envy. You know what I'm talking about; when someone walks by and you just have to have what they brought and now your food looks like chopped liver. Ugh! My boss brought this chicken chili one day and sight unseen I HAD HAD HAD to have what she was eating. Thank goodness the smell overpowers the look since the grayish mess isn't appealing to the eye but definitely hits the mark in your belly.
Taste: Andrew, Grayson, Katie, Amy, and I all liked this meal. Not only was it great for a quick lunch meal when a scrapbooking session was under way, it was filling and satisfying at the same time. The only bad thing about this meal was that there wasn't enough. For those that would feed this to kids, Grayson ate it really well. He loved the chicken and would eat the beans if we helped him get the slimy buggers off the tray. The spice in this meal is light as the green chiles are mellowed out by the soup so that just leaves the taco seasoning spice.
Portion: I portioned this meal into two Ziploc bags. If you are having more than 3 adults eat this meal I would make the entire pot at once. (I made two bags by pre-cooking my chicken and cutting it into cubes. If you like an equal chicken to bean ratio I would definitely shred the chicken.)
Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs (can use boneless breasts as well – then only use three)
2 cans of black beans (do not drain or rinse)
2 cans of Great Northern beans (do not drain or rinse)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans diced green chilis
1 package of taco seasoning
Assembly:
1. Combine all ingredients and place in a Ziploc bag.
Serving day:
1. Let it cook on low for about 6-8 hours. You will need to take the chicken out and pull it apart and put back in if you use thighs.
2. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and/or tostitos.
Yummmmmmmmy!!!!
ReplyDelete