Well this post is just a tad late. I was hoping to give a little recap of our year when we sent out our Christmas card but an unfortunate event happened. Our sweet little man turned into a little bear.
It has been incredible year for the Zimmers and even more amazing it took 9 months before our son got truly sick. This past week we have been dealing with Grayson getting a virus that has caused tummy and bottom issues. The virus then caused an ear infection while at the same time another tooth started letting its prescence be known. It has been one LOOOOONGGGGGGG week. But despite an ill little boy, we have enjoyed all of the cuddles and extra big smiles when the mood striked him.
A year in rewind for the Zimmer clan... 2011
Andrew ran until he couldn't run anymore. I don't know what he is running from but sometimes I have to remind myself that he always comes back so it must not be away from me. :) Throughout 2011 Andrew found time to embrace life as a new Dad and run in 5 half marathons and numerous other shorter runs. In the past month he also found one more thing to "run" away from, his job. Just after the Thanksgiving holiday Andrew started at a new consulting company. He is very pleased with the move so far and even better yet he gets to carpool with the wifey everyday of the week.
Carissa had a baby this year. Shocking enough but I still have to remind myself of that. It's hard to believe that only 9 months ago we welcomed Grayson into our lives. Along with being a mom. I have been keeping myself busy with writing on this blog and a challenging and rewarding new career. Andrew wasn't alone in the job change. I was unique however when I decided to switch career fields and enter into the arena of Human Resources. I'm so incredibly grateful for the opportunity God gave me and haven't looked back. I'm loving it!
Grayson has been a true blessing in our little Zimmer clan. He keeps us on our toes, as he is now into EVERYTHING. He is crawling all over the place and is most content when he can climb up on something and stand. Overall he is a pretty content baby and we look forward to all the trouble he will get this family in.
Lucy is a dog. She eats, sleeps, plays, and cuddles with her momma. She took the adjustment to a newbie in the home quite well. All she wanted was for her mom to stop getting up off the couch so much to tend to the baby. She is quite the blessing for this mom as Grayson gets older. She will gladly give me the cuddles I desire when the little man is too busy being on the move.
Life in 2011 for the Zimmers has truly been great. We are so grateful to have been blessed with so much. We hope this year has blessed all of your lives as well and that we all are blessed with an even better 2012.
With love,
The Zimmers
Andrew, Carissa, Grayson (9 months), and Lucy
Andrew: azimmer4@gmail.com
Carissa: carissazimmer@gmail.com



Love the virtual Christmas letter/ card. Excited to see all that happens with the Zimmers in 2012.
ReplyDelete