Wednesday, December 14, 2011

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars

Ummmmmmmm.... can I say that again UMMMMMMM.  If there is one thing in the Zimmer household that is gobbled up is anything made with peanut butter.  This recipe was posted on one of the blogs I follow and looked so easy and quick that I couldn't help but make it.  It was about time too since I have seen this recipe done so many times before but had yet to make it myself.  The only thing that I would change is make the bars in a smaller pan (9x9 perhaps) and not spray the pan with Pam.  The non-stick spray wasn't need since there is plenty of yum yum butter in the mix already.  If you do use Pam you will notice that the bars get a little greasy.  They still taste delicious but leave evidence on your fingers that otherwise wouldn't be visible.  Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Bars
Adapted from Allrecipes


Ingredients:
·          1 cup butter
·          1 cup peanut butter
·          2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
·          2 cups powdered sugar

·          1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
·          4 Tbsp peanut butter

Directions:
1.        Melt butter and 1 cup peanut butter together. 
2.        Add graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. 
3.        Mix until fully combined. 
4.        Press into a 13×9 baking pan.  (Use 9x9 or smaller version than 13x9 for a thicker bar)
5.        Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6.        Melt chocolate chips and 4 tbsp peanut butter together. 
7.        Spread over base peanut butter layer. 
8.        Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I bet they are all gone now, glad I got one or two or was it three :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, funnny. I found this recipe right after Thanksgiving and made it for a work thing. Yum is right - I made them again last night for a Christmas party this weekend (with gluten free graham crackers so Danny can eat it, too)!

    ReplyDelete