Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another Job Change

As I mentioned in the previous post, life has been quite busy for the Zimmer's since Thanksgiving.  Not only have there been a lot of changes with Grayson but with his daddy as well.  Andrew started a new job with a new company on November 28th.  After being with his former employer for almost 4 years Andrew felt it was time for a change.  Some of the reasons spurring the change were a culture shift in the company due to a recent merger and the lack of opportunities for Andrew to learn new and emerging technologies.  The timing couldn't have been better as this week he heard rumblings of even more changes.

So what has truly changed?  First and foremost his paycheck will come from a different employer, Sogeti.  He is still doing consulting work which means Sogeti pays him his salary, benefits, etc. but the work he does, the building he resides in, and his "co-workers" are actually from a different company.  SIDE NOTE: This consulting relationship can make being Andrew's wife quite annoying.  He will talk about his boss and co-workers and I have NO clue whether he is talking about Sogeti employee's or the boss he has at his current gig.  Ugh, it can be quite frustrating but with this new job some of that will be eliminated as he will only be on one project (working with one company) at a time versus at his old employer where he was working on anywhere from 3-10 projects at a time.  The last difference is Andrew is getting back to the core work he enjoys.  For the past 3 years Andrew has been working on the Microsoft CRM (customer relationship management) platform.  It was a great experience but is a very niche market and Andrew took this new job so that he could get back into doing strictly application development (aka ap dev) work.  What is ap dev work exactly?  I get this question a lot from family and friends and this is my lamens terms answer: Andrew in general makes web applications run.  He doesn't make the application pretty but makes it do what you want it to do.  He develops/programs for ease of use and performance.

Andrew... Here is your picture.  I made a diagram of your work consulting relationship.  Can't have a post without a picture right??!?!?!!


P.S.
Dear Andrew,
If you are reading, which I know you are, why is it that the very first post on this blog is not holding true?  I wasn't supposed to be writing posts for or about you.  I know this doesn't qualify as a traditional consulting relationship but since I am providing a service, I will accept chocolate as a payment in lieu of cash.
Thanks for your time,
Carissa (work horse) Zimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment