Monday, October 8, 2012

September Races

Well it seems as though I can never keep up on all the running that Andrew does.  I mean he runs faster than me but most of the time he is running toward me so why I can't keep up with him is beyond me.  September was filled with a few good races worth mentioning.  The beginning of September marked Andrew's second year doing the Sioux Falls 1/2 marathon.  Like last year, his sister Stacy joined in the fun and now is officially hooked.  This run was unique in that it marked the first trip Grayson took out of state without me.  The race falls on the same weekend as Sevea's birthday so the Zimmers split up.  I was a little hesitant to let the little guy leave but I guess being that half of his DNA comes from his dad I owed it to Andrew. 

Pre-race fun with all of the cousins


Oh goodness... when I saw these pics I was wondering why all the fun nostaglic events come out when I'm not around.  Freeze pops AND the bouncy horse AND fishing, come on!!!


 Then all the fun and games ended... wait that is what I would be saying but I guess for Andrew and Stacy the fun was just beginning.  Crazy people I know!

Isaac and Grayson "chillin" while watching the runners.


FINISHERS... and both beat their times from last year.

Medal??? Isn't this a giant chocolate coin?


Later in the month Andrew was on the move again but thankfully this time he didn't travel far; the race was right outside our front door.  The second annual Fishwrench 5k (FW5Kegger) took place at our neighbor Bob and Lynn's house.  Now normally this race wouldn't be blog worthy but the fact that Andrew came home with a trophy I thought it was worth mentioning.  Yes, Andrew won 1st place!!!  I know I know, he is amazing right?  Well to put it in context he was 1st of 18 runners. :)


3 comments:

  1. 1st is 1st, those other 17 runners can't say they took 1st! Good racing Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The running, the kids, the fun. Love it...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Great photos of a great weekend....we did miss you, Carissa!

    ReplyDelete