Thursday, October 18, 2012

Growing Like A Weed

Grayson had his 18 month check up at the end of the month and it dawned on me how quickly time is passing and how truly small he was when we brought him home.  Lately I find myself grabbing him and hugging him tightly and not wanting to let go.  Even though I loved being able to lay him on my chest and watch him sleep, the bigger he gets the more I can't stop holding him.  I can't wait until the day when he truly gets what a hug is (right now he thinks it is just resting his head on your shoulder) and gives me the big bear hugs that I can't live without.  Thankfully I have a niece that I get to see daily and most days she shows her Pearcy side and gives me one of the giant hugs I was raised getting.  (Thanks Sevea, you truly make Auntie's day with your big around the neck bear hugs.  Ehhhh!)



It's so amazing to me to see the change in his stats.  Of course we are seeing it in person but to think about it in numbers just becomes amazing.  I mean as adults we aren't supposed to get excited about quadrupling our size in a year but if a baby does, it brings upon such a sense of pride. I know one day I will be sad to see how big he has grown but for now I'm loving every minute of it.  Each and everyday he brings such joy into our lives.  I can't thank God enough for bringing this happy, healthy, and GROWING little boy into our lives.  We are truly blessed.


No wonder we have a growing boy when we allow him to eat cereal right from the box. :)
(Wait... we aren't all to blame.  This little boy has grown so much that he now will get in the pantry
and pull snack boxes down and start helping himself.  We HAVE to learn to be better about shutting that door!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment