My first two attempts were a huge success. Food usually is in my book but these two recipes were so good and so easy to make I was half tempted to make them again right away.
Ingredients:
-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-4 tbsp powdered sugar
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-4 tbsp powdered sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs
Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs.
-graham cracker crumbs
Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs.
Pickle Roll-up Dip
This dip was such a great example of taking something that is good and making it even better. When Andrew and I went to Pierre I wanted to bring an appetizer that I knew his family would like. We have pickle roll-up's at family gatherings so I knew the flavors would work for my guinea pigs. The reason this recipe made me squeel is that it is literally less than half the work of making the roll-ups. Plus adding a cracker into the mix just elevated the recipe for me. YUM!!!
Ingredients:
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-8 oz chive and onion cream cheese, softened
-16 oz sour cream
-16 oz sour cream
-16 oz deli ham, chopped
-1 small jar pickles, chopped
Directions:
1. Mix cream cheeses and sour cream together.
2. Add chopped ham and pickles to cream cheese/sour cream mixture.
3. Serve with crackers.
We have our next Pinterest party in a week... anyone have ideas for me on what I should make next? I'm thinking something non-food related. (But they all look soooooo good!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment