Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Love for Daddy

Well Father's Day came and went and Andrew didn't receive any glorification on this blog like I have done for others.  I could blame it on the fact that we had a busy weekend at Grandma's marathon but really that would just be a lie.  I don't know if you have seen Andrew's head lately but it has gotten quite big so further expanding it by praising him on this blog would put me in serious danger of losing my husband; to his head exploding of course.  Being the good person I am I spared him his life and just said thank you and showered him with gifts instead.  But then I come along a picture I took this past weekend and I can't help but get teary-eyed with how great of a Dad he truly is.  (I also unfortunately get to be reminded of this everyday when Grayson shoves me out of the way to get a hug from his Dad.  I say a prayer every night that tomorrow will be the day that Grayson loves me more! Ha!)  Marrying Andrew was the best day of my life up until each and everyday that I get to see him interact with our son.  The love, patience, and fun that Andrew brings to our family and instills in our son is amazing.  Before starting a family, I had high expectations of the dad that Andrew would be.  Since Grayson came along he has far exceeded every expectation I could have ever had.  He embodies all the qualities of what I believe the word "DAD" is supposed to mean.  So with that said, THANK YOU, thank you Andrew for giving Grayson a dad he can look up to for more than his height.  You are loved!!  And if you couldn't tell just look at how much Grayson loves you.  He is willing to hug your legs just to be close to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment