For the third year in a row we packed up the car and headed for Duluth. Looking back I would have never have expected this to be a tradition. Running the race was not even on the radar that first year. We headed north with the expectation of watching the race with some good friends who live along the course. But the seed was planted and 2012 marked the second year of being a participant versus a spectator. Every year seems to get better and better as the weather was great and I had company to boot. Brian (one of our hosts) took the plunge this year and ran his first ever 1/2 marathon. You can't really beat having the course out of your front door plus being a natural athlete didn't hurt him either.
Carissa did a great job of spotting me in the crowd early enough to snap some shots as I ran by. Yeah, usually because of my red hair I'm easy to spot, but the task becomes a little more difficult when you plop me amongst 7,000 runners.
They hand out warming blankets after the race (actually made of plastic), so I had to take the opportunity to take a picture with Grayson.
Time: 1:43:32 (new PR)
http://www.mtecresults.com/runner/show?rid=13051&race=735
No comments:
Post a Comment