Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasty Pork Tenderloin

Well because of our hideous this meal has been on the docket to get posted for a few weeks now.  And really it wasn't a post that I was especially in a hurry to get to.  This meal has been our least favorite of the frozen meals so far.  Not because it wasn't tasty (well it wasn't the best yet) but just because the other ones were an entire meal in one thus leaving us with nothing to do.  Sometimes you just can't beat convenience.

Taste: The pork was awesome, the sauce was a little off for Andrew and I.  It almost was a little too much sauce.  A few days later when we had leftovers I took a pork chop cut it up and put it in a skillet with some sauce, mushrooms, and onions and much preferred it that way.  The sauce kind of soaked into the pork more and kind of had a caramelized taste.  I could see using this meat/sauce recipe for a stir fry and having it be much more suited to our tastes.  I will say that I'm going to try this recipe again but next time use cranberry sauce with real cranberries in it and top it with some cashews or silvered almonds.

Portion: I once again portioned this into two Ziploc bags.  I this recipe made sooo much that I would have probably portioned it into 4 bags if it were just the two of us eating.


Tasty Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
2 lbs pork tenderloin
12 oz chili sauce
16 oz canned jellied cranberry sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
Rice

Assembly:
1. Place pork in a bag.
2. Mix chili, cranberry, and brown sugar.  Pour over Pork.
3. Freeze

Serving Day:
1. Thaw in fridge overnight.
2. Place pork and sauce in crock pot for 4-5 hours on High.
3. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment