Friday, February 24, 2012

Angel Chicken

We are back to the nummy and easy section of the freezer meals.  This meal (even though we didn't slow cook it) was a perfect Saturday meal.  I cooked ours in a skillet and then cut up the chicken on a plate.  Definitely not the easy route but we were hungry and this sounded delicious.  The only difference from the recommended version was that we used spaghetti noodles.  For some gosh for saken reason Andrew HATES angel hair pasta.  I on the other hand LOVE angel hair pasta.  But I guess I am the more accommodating one because we haven't had angel hair pasta in the last 4 years. :)  So if you even semi-like angel hair pasta I would definitely go that route.

Taste: This meal, despite the ingredients, isn't as heavy as you would think.  Because the sauce is pretty thin the meal is only really weighed down by the chicken.  The flavor was also subtle enough that most kids should like it.  And for those who don't like mushrooms we couldn't tell that there was a mushroom base.  Overall a great dish and I'm looking forward to making it again but using the crock pot, I think the shredded versus cubed chicken is a must.

Portion: The recipe calls for one box of angel hair pasta.  When we used spaghetti noodles we found that you had at least enough sauce to go along with 1 1/2 boxes of noodles.


Angel Chicken

Ingredients:
6 chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
10 oz Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
1 box angel hair pasta

Assembly:
1. Melt butter over low heat.  Blend in soup and broth.  Mix in cooking cream.  Stir until smooth and heat through (do not boil).
2. Place chicken breasts in bag and pour sauce on top.

Serving day:
1. Thaw bag enough to pour chicken and sauce into crock pot.
2. Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours. 
3. Shred chicken and serve over cooked noodles.

1 comment:

  1. The way you write about this totally makes me hungry to eat this!!

    ReplyDelete