Thursday, January 26, 2012

Santa Fe Chicken Bake

At last we ate our first make ahead freezer dish.  Amazingly right after I made all of our freezer dishes we didn't really need them.  We had quite a bit of food that needed to be ate or it was going to spoil.  Then we had my family Christmas and that meant lots of leftover turkey.  But then a nasty cold/flu hit our family so we opted for the easy route. 

Taste: Andrew and I both liked this.  I could see even taking some tortilla chips and sprinkling them on top or even putting the dish inside a tortilla.  Even though the dish is named Santa Fe it is not spicy and I think most kids would like it.  The flavor was reminiscent to a creme cheese and salsa blend. Overall we liked it and would make it again.

Portion: I separated this recipe into two freezer Ziploc bags. This time we heated up one bag and it was the perfect amount.  Both Andrew and I had a salad with this meal which left a good size portion for one person to have leftovers.

Santa Fe Chicken Bake
 
Ingredients:
2 c cooked chicken
1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Cooking Creme
4 c cooked rotini noodles
2 c frozen corn
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips (topping)

Assembly:
Cook chicken and noodles.  Combine all ingredients together.  Pour into Ziploc gallon size bag.  Lay flat in freezer.

Serving Day:
Thaw (we defrosted in the microwave just enough to get it out of the bag).  Pour into baking dish.  Cover and Bake at 350 for 30 min.  Serve with toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or crushed tortilla chips.

Recipe was adapted from:
http://freezerfriendz.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment